Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Dinner Table ~ Baked or Fried Chicken?

It's a beautiful day filled with blessings. I don't know if anyone fell asleep last night with heavy thoughts on their mind, but I hope they woke with a feeling of thanks be to God for watching over them as they slept and unburdening their troubled heart.

Chicken
I plan to call some family and friends to say hello and catch up. Don't you just love the ease of Sunday's and the gatherings of enjoyment around the dinner table. While baked chicken is the healthier choice, I can smell fried chicken either cooking in the kitchen or someone just returning with a bucket from KFC or the new Bojangles in my area that just opened. Oh, I forgot that Kentucky Fried Chicken now has baked chicken so there you go.

I hope the napkins are plentiful to go around. Plus, did someone remember to buy an apple pie and gallon of ice cream for dessert? A dollop on top of the pie will be delicious. Have a blessed Sunday my friends!

2 comments:

  1. You said, "I don't know if anyone fell asleep last night with heavy thoughts on their mind..."

    As a matter of fact, I did. However, today has been glorious. Your post is heartwarming. And, if it's a Sunday, I'll take fried chicken...any other day, I'll have it baked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda for your comments and so glad to read you woke to a more glorious day.

      I'm with you, fried chicken is the best. See you again soon :-)

      Delete