Sunday, July 15, 2012

Never Leave Empty-Handed

Beautiful Day

One of my friends has a green thumb like me when it comes to plants and flowers. I stopped by her place yesterday and knew when I drove up to the yard there would be blooms everywhere. I was right and the banister on the porch has two flower boxes with petunias flowing down that are gorgeous. We chatted about all the pop up rain showers that are helping to keep the flowers from drying out and with the water bill.

She had some salsa in the refrigerator and we munched on it with nachos. The juicy tomatoes she used in the salsa came from a nearby veggie stand, but her tomatoes are coming along nicely and I could see a few red ones on the vine. I left with a little of the salsa in a small container and topped it on my salad last night. Also, got one of those garden fresh tomatoes. I said to my friend that I never seem to leave her house empty-handed. She is very giving and her sweet Labrador Retriever Sam makes the visit an even more enjoyable experience.

In all our busy times especially on the weekends, it's nice to spend time with a friend where nothing is planned really. If you decide to dash out and go somewhere, that's cool. Otherwise, hanging out at the house is special.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, aren't these times the best? And, I love giving my friends veggies from the garden too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loretta and so nice to see you visit. These are the best times and I just know your veggie garden is full of great harvests to share.

      Take care!

      Delete
  2. She sounds like a wonderful hostess. I'm terrible at it, but I do have friends who leave me happy, rejuvenated and with a full tummy. They're Master Gardeners, so you can imagine the glorious flowering blooms I'm surrounded with whenever I visit them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carmen, you're friends are great too and Master Gardeners has to be blooming. Good to see you and thanks for commenting.

      Delete