Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tomatoes, The B52's, and Summer Breeze

Ah, its a sunny Sunday indeed and a good day to be outside doing something. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend with family and friends. My friend gave me a couple of tomatoes from her garden and I have eaten them over the last few days. Let me just say they are juicy and tasty. She is growing the tomatoes in a couple of large buckets and having great success. Here's my article on the healthy benefits of tomatoes that I wrote for OliveCocoMag. I am a 2012 Summer Contributor for the Mag and enjoying the experience.

The B52's is a 3-member band from Athens, GA who started in 1976 to instant fame. They performed last night at the fabulous Fox Theater in downtown Atlanta. The B52's are celebrating 35 years of performing and the crowd rocked to many of their hits like "The Love Shack." Check out the gallery of photos taken by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution of the show at the Fox.

The heatwave has subsided just a little across the regions and whenever you get a day with a breeze is simply delightful. Today in Atlanta, there is a summer breeze that feels good. I don't run my A/C and feeling the breeze coming in through the windows is nice. There is a great song by the Isley Brothers called Summer Breeze which is a perfect play right about now.













No comments:

Post a Comment