Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Dear Friend Passes Away

I received sad news that my elder friend passed away this morning. He was 89 and a World War II Veteran. I have fond memories of joining him at his home on several occasions for his favorite breakfast. We had bacon, eggs, grits and toast. The final topping off of this delicious breakfast was a cup of coffee.

My friend had a sharp mind and we would chat about his time in the war. Before the local Piggly Wiggly closed, I would take him shopping there for groceries and he liked to push the cart down the aisles. He enjoyed watching the Atlanta Braves just as much as I did and we would recap the games. I helped tidy up his house and write out a few bills which I know he appreciated.

Hearts

My heart is heavy on this loss, but he had become frail and weak. Just knowing he passed on peacefully is comforting for me and I know his family must feel the same. I will miss my friend, may he RIP!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Having an elderly friend is truly a blessing...
    Gentle Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your condolences Loretta. You are so right about an elderly friend being a blessing. He was that indeed. I feel your gentle hugs :-)

      Delete