Thursday, January 26, 2012

Old School Gadget

With all the tech-savvy gadgets that many people carry with them daily like the iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry, the paper address book is so-yesterday. These devices allow users to store lots of information especially contacts on the phones. My old school gadget is a packed address book that I really should update due to all the crossed-out information, that's on to-do list. For now, the book is a quick go-to that I can flip to the lettered index and get the information I need. A friend dropped his cell phone on the sidewalk and it broke big time. When I finally heard from him, he said all his numbers were in the phone and he couldn't remember my number. OK I don't feel so bad, but it's good to keep a paper address book too. Don't rely on the cell phone as the catch-all for everything. What if you lose your phone or it's stolen, point taken right.
Emoticon Here's a tip I use in my address book ->Jot down by the person's name a 'tag' something like "hairdresser, job lead, met at coffee shop, etc." It's a nifty way to remember who that person is when you're flipping through the book...not to be confused with "The Little Black Book." You dig!

No comments:

Post a Comment