Friday, January 20, 2012

Groove to the Funk

Credit: Free images from acobox.com

Back in the summer of 2011, I posted a blog titled Turn Up the Radio about discovering the internet radio station  Funk Republic Radio. I am still listening to the online site that spins music from the 60s thru the 90s. The station is based out of the Seattle/Tacoma area. Some of the artists you'll hear include Parliament, Isley Brothers, James Brown, Isley Brothers, Ohio Players and more. The site has a "pop out player" so you can keep working while listening to nothing but pure funk jams. I follow the site on Twitter and earlier this week I re-tweeted one of their spins while on my laptop. A few minutes later, the DJ gave a shout out to "Cynthia Fox" and I was like WOW. Give Funk Republic Radio a listen and I bet your dial will stay tuned to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment