Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Visit the Local Library

Several months back, my laptop crashed and I was without it for a week. Thankfully, my tech-savvy neighbor made repairs and it's working like a charm. During this downtime, I went to the local library to use the computer. They have quite a few computer stations and you have to reserve a computer using your library card. It's a great service and you get an hour of use. I was happy to have access to check email, social media and my blog. After I finished my work, I took a moment to walk around the library and check the books on the shelves. There were plenty of paperbacks, hardcovers and more. I know the e-readers, iPads, etc. are all the rave now for reading books. Maybe I'm too old school, but placing a bookmark into the pages of a real book are still my favorite thing. I started reading Terry McMillan's follow up novel 'Getting To Happy' after buying the hardcover at the dollar store, yeah for a $1. With all the technical gadgets for reading, I felt a bit out of place and not quite 'with it' when placing a bookmark at the chapter where I will pick up the story. Now that I don't have to use the library computers anymore, I won't count out this great resource when looking for a good read. They have plenty of picks and perusing the stacks is fun too. Take the kids and let them pick out a fave book and make sure there are plenty of bookmarks for everyone!


Photo credit: click from morguefile.com


2 comments:

  1. Before taking care of my mother-inlaw, I would visit the library often. (I'm only one block over from it). I'm not into the new stuff...I love the books! Now that she is no longer with us, I have time to visit as often as possible. After all, it's free, I have a chance to walk, and I love looking through the stacks! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you visit the library too and it's great you can walk there. Enjoy the reads and thanks for visiting & commenting.

    ReplyDelete