Saturday, August 20, 2011

Favorite Radio DJ

Hello, hope the day and weekend is off and running on some usual stuff, but I'm sure everyone will include fun in the mix. I'm thrilled to have the radio playing and hearing my favorite Saturday morning DJ back on the air. The program is called Spotlight Gold which spins old school R&B classics many of us remember like James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, The Supremes and more. There was a contract dispute between the radio station and the DJ earlier this summer, but I read this week that all was resolved and he would be returning to the airwaves today. I know other dj's can play records, but this DJ had his own style of engaging the listeners. There have been lots of call-ins welcoming him back which I'm sure he appreciates. I don't know about you, but there is something about radio dj's that listeners get used to hearing and when they leave, the segment doesn't feel quite the same. Music is a Joy!

Credit: Free images from acobox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment