Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend Mix of Things

Hi everybody, April has been Jazz Appreciation Month and this is a music genre that's tops on my list. On Monday, April 30th jazz fusion musician Herbie Hancock and others will celebrate International Jazz Day. Catch the all-star concerts in New Orleans at sunrise and New York at sunset. The International Jazz Day website has all the details.

The weather is simply sunny and will be all weekend in Atlanta. Many of my readers know how much I enjoy birds and have a feeder in my backyard. There are some black crows that have discovered this bounty and are eating me out of house and home. They must be peering from the trees watching when I throw out  goodies like day-old bread into the yard for easy grazing. They've gotten crafty by filling their beaks with lots of bread and flying away. Hmmm, can't go broke:-)

Just today, I came across this internet radio station, Essential Radio by Legacy Recordings. Listeners can choose a variety of music genres and it's a nice way to enjoy music on the laptop. Plus, check out the internet radio station that spins funk music all the time. It's Funk Republic Radio and I am a Contributor writer on the station's blog. My shameless plug!



No comments:

Post a Comment