Saturday, February 11, 2012

RIP Whitney Houston

COVER STORY ->Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies via MSN
My heart is heavy on the death of Whitney Houston. She was 48. Not only is the entertainment world in shock, but all her adoring fans. Despite her past problems with drug addiction and stints in rehab, she seemed to be making progress. Just this past week, Whitney was seen out and about and was in Los Angeles for tomorrow's Grammy Awards.

I was preparing dinner and listening to the radio when the music was interrupted with the announcement on her death. I jumped online and over to Twitter which was buzzing with tweets of condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with Whitney's daughter, Bobbi Kristina, mother Cissy Houston and the entire family. I remember when Whitney Houston's first album came out with her on the cover. Her hair was pulled back showing her natural beauty. I bought the album as a cassette and played it all the time. I was in college and pledging a sorority, I remember it well. One of my favorite songs off that cassette was "Saving All My Love For You."



Whitney Houston has had so many hits since that first album including the Soundtrack for the movie The Bodyguard which she starred with Kevin Costner. Her remake of the Dolly Pardon song "I Will Always Love You" is everybody's favorite. Whitney Houston, the pop Diva with the angelic voice, may she rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment