Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sharing to Beat Hunger

While grocery shopping yesterday, a shopper passed by down the aisle and I noticed she had a notebook with coupons organized in their own slots. You may wonder how I could tell all of this, but she briefly stopped to check items on the shelves. I thought how organized she must be with coupons and the notebook helps when shopping. I have written before how much money can be saved by using coupons and the pantry can be stocked with lots of good buys. If there's a discount bread store in your area, grab a few more loaves of bread that can be stored in the freezer.

I started thinking about the food banks who are struggling to keep their shelves stocked with food to help needy families. Also, how about the neighbor who may have lost their job. I know it has to be a struggle to buy food especially with the prices going up on just about everything. Consider putting together a food box for the food bank & neighbor to share your good fortune with others. I know we have to look out for our own well-being, but the extra savings from coupons can help spread generosity where it's most needed. Let's do our part to beat hunger!

Credit: Free images from acobox.com








2 comments:

  1. What a giving spirit! If more thought this way, there wouldn't be any hunger in this world today! Thank You Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Loretta. I just felt compelled to write this post as times are so tough these days. Any help we can provide to keep people from going hungry is a plus.

    ReplyDelete