Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weird Tastebuds Call for Chili

Happy Labor Day Weekend and a new month kicks off. I didn't realize it was noon until I heard the old school music theme song playing on the radio which means the program is going off. It's a beautiful Saturday and it looks like neighbors have company given the cars in the driveway and parked on the street.

I had weird taste buds last night and wanted chili so while at the grocery store, I picked up a can. Then for dinner, I made a nacho salad by placing tortilla chips, lettuce and tomatoes in a bowl and put spoonfuls of chili on top. It was yummy and I may just have a bowl this time with saltine crackers. I'm getting hungry;-)

Chili Cheese Dog
When you think of chili, the cooler season is usually around but you can also have a bowl anytime or a chili dog. I know there will be plenty of grilling going on which will include hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill this Labor Day. Spice up that dog with chili spread from one end of the bun to the next.




No comments:

Post a Comment