Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fantastic Google Doodle

I have been drinking Lipton tea these last couple of days. I forgot to pick up instant coffee. Actually I like the tea with a little bit of creamer. The morning has been very quiet and not even much chirping from the birds. I think today the lawn service comes out to cut the property so after lunch might be louder.

You all know how much I enjoy classical music, so I was surprised at the Google Doodle today in honor of Victorian pianist Clara Schumann's 193rd birthday. She was married to another classical composer, Robert Alexander Schumann who was very successful. Listen to some wonderful classical music each weekday morning on Second Cup Concert from 9 a.m. until noon on Atlanta radio with host Lois Reitzes. It streams live on the WABE 90.1 FM website and it's simply fantastic!

"Why hurry over beautiful things? Why not linger and enjoy them?" ~Clara Schumann

No comments:

Post a Comment