Thursday, May 19, 2011

Working from Home

For those who work from home running a small business, telecommute a few days out of the week, or work as a freelancer, it can be isolating at times especially when you might be used to an office setting. Here are 3 ideas to help in the day:

1. Step out on the patio or deck with your first cup of coffee or tea before getting started on your work. Use the time to gather your thoughts on the projects ahead for the day.
2. Have lunch with your neighbor who may work from home too or be a stay-at-home mom. It would be a nice way to chat during the hour and engage with others.
3. Take a walk in the neighborhood especially on a beautiful day. You might see a neighbor gardening or walking their dog and stop for a quick catch up. It's a great way to feel refreshed and exercise before starting back on your work.

I like the idea of telecommuting for employees. It sure will help during these high gas prices and long commutes. Plus, it's eco-friendly!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas, I'll be sure to test them!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, Cynthia.
    I particularly like number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both for your comments and visiting my blog. I like number 1 too and find myself doing just that on a lovely morning. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was very useful for me,i don't work from home but i stay at home....but with so many great bloggers you can't get bored..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jardelle, so right about the great bloggers...like you and me :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete