Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ways to Beat the Heat

I'm thinking nothing but cool thoughts and finding ways to beat the heat. Here are just a few:

--->Drink plenty of water to stay steps ahead of dehydration. Make sure there's a full pitcher of cool water in the refrigerator.
--->Stay cool by eating more salads, watermelon, and any other fresh fruits.
--->Be very careful outdoors even if you are working in the shade and take plenty of breaks to cool down.
---> Try to avoid using the kitchen oven for roasting or baking. If you have a slow cooker, use it instead to keep from heating up the house.
--->
A store bought rotisserie chicken is right on time. For the sweet tooth, a couple of Oreo or chocolate chip cookies from the bag are simply perfect.

Stay Cool my Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Here is my favorite. I wrap one of those blue freezer gel packs (used for headaches) in a damp kitchen towel and drape it across the back of my neck. Keeps me cool as a cucumber. At night, I put one under a dry towel on my pillow and put my neck across it. I sleep like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Galen, thanks for sharing your favorite and bet the readers will give it a try, me too.

    ReplyDelete