Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Weekend

It's a beautiful Saturday in my neighborhood, but very soggy from the storms last night. I mentioned in my blog post yesterday that stormy weather was expected and it came through with intensity. The storms began early and caught a lot of people out and about with evening activities. The local forecasters were busy tracking the storms and keeping the viewers up-to-date. I say they did a fine job too. I could hear hail hitting my front door at one point in the storm. The Atlanta Braves series opener against the New York Mets was on a rain delay at Turner Field, but they never got the chance to play. The fans will get a chance to watch a doubleheader today so that's pretty cool. There are lots of events in Atlanta this weekend including the annual Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park. I'm so glad the weather is nice for the attendees to walk around the artist's market and see the blooming dogwood trees that line the park. One thing we will all need today and that's a light jacket, it's cool and windy. Overall, the weekend is off to a happy start and I plan to get out and enjoy it. You Too!

No comments:

Post a Comment