Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Remembering My Furry Friend

Today marks the one year anniversary of the passing of my beloved cocker spaniel Coale. I recall that the weather was just like today ->warm and sunny. I knew the decision had to be made to put him down due to a recent illness that he just could not shake. He was 14 years old and had slowed down quite a bit.

I know there are plenty of people who have made this decision as well. Our pets are just like a family member and some consider them their children. I surely did! The thriving pet industry shows just how much we love our pets and the lengths we go through to make sure of their well-being.

My family and friends would always say that my dog is truly living a dog's life. I miss our walks, playtime, car rides and cuddling. I have given thoughts of adopting a dog, maybe two from my local shelter. For now, the memories live on of our time together. I know he is resting and enjoying doggy heaven. RIP my sweet Coale!

No comments:

Post a Comment