Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Favorite Things

One of my favorite things to do on Sunday is water my indoor plants which are plenty. They provide clean fresh air throughout the house. In order to avoid over watering, I pick one day out of the week and water everything. A good indoor plant is the Golden Pothos which has lovely, bold green leaves. They tend to trail down from the planter or shelving for a nice look. A great way to get more plants from just this one is to clip a piece off the end, place the clipping in a glass of water, and it will root for more plants. I often look for interesting shaped glass jars at thrift stores or garage sales for the clippings. At times, I will leave the clippings in the jars instead of planting them in potting soil. I place the jars around the house especially on the kitchen window seal. If you do keep the clippings in the jars, remember to clean the jars from time to time because the water gets murky and the roots get tangled.

Have a wonderful and relaxing day with family and friends on this Simply Gorgeous Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment